Horizons Homeschool Curriculum 1st Grade 1, Complete Set (Set Includes: Math, Penmanship, Health, Spelling & Vocabulary, Phonics & Reading)
- Horizons 1st Grade Math Looking for an exciting, comprehensive math curriculum for your first grader? The best-selling Horizons 1st Grade Math from Alpha Omega Publications has everything you need. Laying a solid math foundation, Horizons allows your child to master basic math skills like counting, adding, and subtracting numbers in no time at all. Your child learns concepts such as, time, fractions, sets, graphs, sequencing, and estimation. Lessons 1-160 in this curriculum are filled with colorful, bright illustrations that capture your child’s attention. Perforated pages are easily removed to allow for easier completion of math problems.
- Horizons 1st Grade Phonics and Reading Eliminate your child’s reading insecurities with a solid understanding of phonics. With the Horizons 1st Grade Phonics & Reading Set from Alpha Omega Publications, your first grader will build on concepts learned in Horizons Kindergarten Phonics & Reading and reinforce phonics rules with fast-paced, attention-grabbing lessons in two student workbooks. Memorization techniques, fun-filled activities, and practical writing assignments cover consonant and vowel sounds, consonant and vowel blends, silent e, vowel pairs, syllables, prefixes, suffixes, and more! Plus, two brightly illustrated readers polish your child’s reading skills with stories and poems using words that complement the phonics rules taught in each day’s lesson. Just imagine how proud you’ll be as you listen to your first grader read each story with little or no assistance from you! This engaging, homeschool phonics and reading program also contains a helpful teacher’s guide that includes a daily lesson planner, teaching tips, duplication masters, answer keys, and additional worksheets for review. Daily lesson plans are clearly outlined in this teacher-directed curriculum with specific goals, supplies, and activities to make teaching your child to read easy and fun.
- Horizons 1st Grade Health Help your student learn the importance of healthy choices with the colorful, print-based Horizons 1st Grade Health from Alpha Omega Publications! Complete with everything you need, including a soft-cover teacher’s guide, a consumable student workbook that explain essential health topics, and a student workbook with over 30 colorful visuals and activities. Perforated pages for easy removal provide fun resources to complement the topics taught using the teacher’s guide. The course’s activities include coloring pictures, matching and identifying objects, cutting and pasting, and writing simple words. Fun to teach, this Christian-based course continues to lay a solid foundation for healthy living by using puppet dialogue and lesson activities to examine topics like understanding the growing body, making healthy choices, five food groups, healthy snacks, dealing with feelings, developing empathy, preventing health problems, and developing safety awareness inside and outside the home. The step-by-step teacher’s guide includes 50 lessons, along with a list of needed materials, objectives, lesson overviews, related activities, and more! This flexible program is intended to be taught two to three days per week. Adaptable to any schooling routine, this curriculum is integrated with other with other Horizon’s 1st Grade items. However, it can also be used as a stand-alone program.
- Horizons 1st Grade Spelling & Vocabulary Motivate your child to be a good speller with Horizons 1st Grade Spelling & Vocabulary. Eye-catching lessons and hands-on learning activities, like crossword puzzles, word searches and creative writing projects in the colorful student workbook make spelling fun. Plus your child will feel more confident about writing daily assignments in other subjects as he learns to spell frequently-used words, sight words, phonetic words, and word lists containing rhyming patterns. What’s more, the easy-to-use spelling dictionary will familiarize your first grader with alphabetizing and the meaning of spelling words as he sees them used within the context of a sentence. Horizons 1st Grade Spelling and Vocabulary covers 160 lessons, using a helpful step-by-step teacher’s guide, student book and dictionary. Daily lessons plans are clearly outlined with specific goals, practical teaching tips, and suggested learning activities. Plus, you’ll love the handy answer keys for correcting daily assignments and the reproducible teaching aids that include practice review worksheets and phonics rules flashcards. Is there any reason your child can’t be a good speller? Not with the Horizons 1st Grade Spelling & Vocabulary Set.
- Horizons 1st Grade Penmanship Friendly, colorful cartoon characters make manuscript handwriting fun in this penmanship course from Alpha Omega Publications. Each lesson and activity in the Horizons 1st Grade Penmanship student workbook promotes increased control when forming upper- and lower-case letters on ½″ lines as well as a basic understanding of capitalization and punctuation rules. Students will build skills for a correct pencil grip, stroke, spacing margins and more. Plus, beautifully bordered pages provide writing practicing for weekly Scripture verses; bordered pages can be copied, decorated, and shared with others. Horizons 1st Grade Penmanship includes a student book with 160 fun-filled lessons and a comprehensive teacher’s guide with reproducible practice pages and daily lesson plans. Practical teaching tips, activities, and illustrations make the most of your teaching time so your child will be writing manuscript in no time at all! Teaching penmanship has never been so easy or worthwhile!
This Horizons five subject curriculum set contains everything you need to launch your students 1st grade year: Curriculum for Math, Phonics & Reading, Health, Spelling & Vocabulary, and Penmanship.
List Price: $ 290.51
Price: $ 290.51